Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary

Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary - Timothy Zahn, Alan Brennert, Kelley Armstrong, Lezli Robyn, Carol Serling, Rod Serling, Robert Serling, David Hagberg, Lucia St. Clair Robson, Deborah Chester, Whitley Strieber, Laura Lippman, Joe R. Lansdale, William F. Wu, R.L. Stine, Carole Nelson Douglas, Earl Hamner My son spotted this book in his middle school library and thought his old man would be interested.
He was right.

I'll be reviewing these stories as I work my way through the book, not necessarily in order.

Star rating for each story is on a scale of one to five.

** The Wrong Room, by RL Stine

A salesman checks into a hotel for a convention and things seem strange.
I decided to start this book off with this story simply because I've never read anything by RL Stine before. I was too old for Goosebumps when they were released, and the few times I glanced at them when my kids brought them home left me unimpressed by the writing I witnessed inside.
But perhaps I shouldn't judge this author on books written for kids?
Sad to say, this story wasn't much better. Spartan vocabulary, the most threadbare of plots, and implausibility level set to eleven is what you'll get with his contribution to this anthology.
Maybe first impressions are sometimes correct. I doubt I'll give his works another glance in the future.