Six Dead Spots

Six Dead Spots - Gregor Xane
Six Dead Spots is the second work I've read by Gregor Zane, the first being the excellent short story "It Came from Hell and Smashed the Angels" featured in the anthology TWO: The 2nd Annual Stupefying Stories Horror Special tossed in for good measure. The resulting product is a strong, assured new voice in horror. Color me impressed.

The book very successfully brings lucid dreams to the reader, nowhere more in full Technicolor glory than in the scene featuring a magician at an orgy. You'll just have to read it to see what I mean. Pure psychedelic bliss, I kept picturing [a:Les Claypool|76785|Les Claypool|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1248762416p2/76785.jpg] of Primus as the magician for some reason.

While I felt the big reveal and the final conclusion was a bit of a step back from the giddy creative heights of the seventy-five pages or so that proceeded the denouement, it was certainly satisfying enough and leaves me eager to read more from Gregor Xane - looks like I may not have to wait too long with [b:The Hanover Block|19376736|The Hanover Block|Gregor Xane|/assets/nocover/60x80.png|27447209] having now been announced on Goodreads.

What a way to make a professional-grade debut into the horror field. Well done! If you haven't read [b:Six Dead Spots|20361832|Six Dead Spots|Gregor Xane|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1388431069s/20361832.jpg|26890775] yet, do it now. If you love intelligent and extraordinarily creative fiction, you won't be disappointed.