Bloke's Terrible Tomb of Terror: 1st Monster-Sized Collection

Bloke's Terrible Tomb of Terror: 1st Monster-Sized Collection - Jason Crawley, Mike Hoffman There's a lot to love about BLOKE'S TERRIBLE TOMB OF TERROR. More reminiscent of horror comics CREEPY and EERIE than TALES FROM THE CRYPT or VAULT OF HORROR, TOMB OF TERROR delivers short bursts of black-and-white horror fun with nicely written stories and beautifully composed artwork rendered in a variety of styles.

My personal favorites from this collection are:

IN THE SAME VEIN
LIVER NIGHT
UNTIL DEATH DO US NOT PART
EPISODE 666
FROM UP ABOVE
MR JENKINS

All in all, the book is impeccably done and should please most any fan of humorous horror comics. I felt that the quality of the stories improved a bit deeper into the volume.

I have three suggestions, if anyone cares, for future issues of this magazine:

1) Longer stories. Some of these were intriguing setups that had no room left to go anywhere and ended before they started.
2) Original story ideas. While the homage to what has come before is nostalgic, it would be nice to see some truly original tales debut in this magazine. Many of these story ideas have been done dozens of times in different formats.
3) While the inserted "ads" and "pinups" scattered throughout the magazine are nice, I'd propose limiting them to locations in the book that fall between stories. These randomly placed features caused some confusion several times while reading, as I wasn't sure if the story had ended or if the ad was actually part of the story.

Overall, keep up the great work. I look forward to your next anthology!